The Marketing department at DeSales pushes the envelope of what it means to engage Catholics in their faith. Part digital/creative agency, part brand marketing, and part software services provider, we cover a lot of ground. We create ads and layouts for two newspapers. We execute integrated, digital and traditional campaigns in concert with PR, production, and events. We run digital campaigns to increase donations for scholarships for education. We broadcast key events live on social to reach those unable to get out of the house. We get all the dioceses in the state together with our interactive executions to spread the message of the true reason for Christmas. We think differently about what it means to be in the service of our diocese. We don’t dwell on the past: we look to the future. And we are excited about the challenge.
Marketing Coordinator Position
Support the DeSales mission through the ideation, creation, and execution of marketing programs which bring Catholics into a closer relationship with Christ and encourage them to put their faith into action.
Marketing / Promotional (35% of role)
- Execute both traditional and digital marketing campaigns for internal and external clients, and support the ongoing maintenance of our websites.
Project / Office Management (55% of role)
- Ensure the smooth operations of the Marketing Team by ensuring all projects are properly set-up and tracked through to completion and directly handling administrative tasks.
Content Creations (10% of role)
- Create compelling short-form video content to enhance our website and social media campaigns.
Marketing Coordinator Duties:
- Own the creation & execution of all emails to support marketing campaigns; maintain our MailChimp account.
- Create & execute digital and social advertising to support marketing campaigns, including all technical aspects of audience creations, placement, testing and monitoring campaigns.
- Own the ongoing content maintenance and updates for all Diocesean websites that we manage, excluding Parish and Academy network sites.
- Short-form copywriting for promotions, as needed.
- Research and various information gathering to support marketing programs.
- Proof-read all materials before they leave the department.
- Assist in the planning and purchasing print & digital advertising including email blasts, web and email banners, social and print ads.
- Other tasks as assigned by management
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary point of contact for all incoming requests to the department, understanding the timeline, stakeholders, and reason for the request; and priorities requests with the Director of Marketing.
- Monitor all project deadlines, highlight risks and working with the Director of Marketing, take remedial actions.
- Submit all client billing to finance on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all meetings are efficiently run with objectives, agendas, and minutes taken and properly filed.
- Own the marketing google drive administration to ensure everyone has access to the appropriate materials.
- Own the ongoing maintenance and use of Harvest (our time management system), review and summarize reports; and maintain our Harvest account.
- Own the ongoing maintenance, project set-up and use of asana (our project management system), review and summarize reports; and maintain our asana account.
- Coordinate and submit the annual CPA Awards nominations.
- Own the annual production of the Bluebook
- Maintain our calendar of events, contact lists, and other important data.
- Other tasks as assigned by management
Content Creation Responsibilities:
- Create ad hoc short-form video content to support social media and other digital marketing efforts, as needed.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Good understanding of marketing principles including lead generation, sales funnel, branding, and positioning.
- Strong understanding of the Catholic faith.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Marketing
- BS/BA Degree in Marketing preferred
- Strong time management & project management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to take direction, understand objectives, and proactively complete projects independently.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Careful attention to detail, particularly proofreading for accuracy and consistency.
- Experience creating campaigns on email platforms.
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager and Google Analytics.
- Proficient in G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, a plus.
- A desire to continually learn new skills and collaborate with colleagues to achieve high-reaching team goals.