Customer Service and Success Manager
DeSales Media is a non-profit which serves Catholic parishes, schools, and dioceses across thecountry, and right here at home in Brooklyn and Queens. Here on the Software & Services team, weact as a startup within the company, operating as a go-to-market vehicle for tech products. As such,we provide the Church with the latest in communications technology, including websites, livstreaming, and modern telephony solutions. And we are currently developing new ways of engaging intentional disciples and fostering evangelization. As we bring on new customers and serve existing ones, we need an organizational mastermind to provide outstanding customer service, client success management, and operational finesse. The role involves hands-on work with our parish and school customers, including implementation, onboarding, training, and problem solving; internal and 3rd party creative production; CRM administration and file organization/management; and a healthy dose of reliance on the Holy Spirit to guide us! As part of the Software & Services team, this role can be based in Brooklyn or remotely, and reports to the Director of Product & Innovation.
Who You Are
You are someone who truly believes that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. You desire to see the Church flourish, and you know that technological innovation is one way we can drive Catholics to put their faith in action. You are someone who enjoys working with people, and managing information, and you have deep experience in both. You navigate different software the same way you navigate tricky customer interactions: gracefully and effectively. You are a creative problem solver. You naturally ask yourself: Is there a better way to do this? You are one of those people who can keep many projects and customers in the balance at once, and you do it proactively,with style. You are confident in your abilities, and that has earned you autonomy. You listen closely to your clients, you learn quickly, you try new things, and you get it all done with a smile on your face. In the words of St. Francis de Sales, you are someone who is committed to “Be who you are and be that well.”
● Retain our customers by ensuring every client finds value in the products and services we
provide, through a regular cadence of check-ins and correspondence
● Provide continued training and support for websites, live Mass streaming, and any future
products and services we provide
● Work with website developers to track, manage and close all website bugs and additional
● Drop content into new websites and launch them
● Set up Google Workspace for Non-Profits for parishes
● Coordinate the creation of high-end photo and video content for parishes, booking
photographers and drone videographers, and coordinating with the client
● Liaise with Accounting to reconcile customer billing and cash flows
● Manage and organize parish and vendor agreements
● Conduct database administration, ticket tracking, and deals in HubSpot CRM
● Operationalize processes, ensuring everything runs effectively and efficiently
● Ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of all work
● Prepare and manage regular status reports across products and customers
● Professionally manage delicate situations with sometimes technology-averse clients
● Create and maintain project and process documentation and notes for continuous
● 3+ years providing customer support or success management
● Excellence in creative problem solving
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal functions and departments
● Excellent interpersonal, writing, research, presentation and analytical skills
● Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
● Capacity and willingness to rapidly adapt, thrive, and multi-task in a dynamic workplace
● Demonstrated resourcefulness, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and self-motivation
● Ability to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously without supervision
● A strong desire to work autonomously, yet with proven collaboration skills
● Proficiency with business, productivity, CRM, and project management software
● The ability to use a computer regularly and for long intervals
● A positive, optimistic, and solution-oriented attitude
● Readiness to learn and apply new skills and technologies quickly
● Eagerness to serve in the mission of promoting our Catholic faith
● Last, but not least, a delightful personality
Who We Are
DeSales Media Group is a Catholic non-profit in the Diocese of Brooklyn. Our ministry is at once amedia holding company, an agency for Catholic institutions, and a technology company. With thecharge of helping Catholics come to know Christ by connecting with their faith, DeSales aims to open the channels of authentic and effective dialogue within and between the Christian community.
DeSales runs a multitude of media properties through which local Catholics stay informed and up todate on the things that matter most. NET TV cable and online streaming network delivers DeSalesStudios licensed and original content in English and Spanish, and includes New York City's only dailyCatholic news program, Currents News. DeSales News also includes The Tablet, the only weeklyCatholic newspaper in New York City, and Nuestra Voz, New York’s monthly Spanish-languageCatholic newspaper.
DeSales works as an agency with other entities in the diocese. Catholic schools in Brooklyn andQueens stay technologically advanced with instructional media and hardware and softwareresources through DeSales Education. Parishes, schools, and all diocesan entities benefit fromDeSales Services, the digital and creative hub where websites and marketing campaigns come tolife. DeSales also offers a number of PR services, government services, tech services, videoproduction services, and services relating to external affairs.
DeSales Tech serves parishes, schools, and other organizations in the Church with modern digitaltools with which they can meaningfully engage the faithful at every touchpoint. We’ve created aworld-class team to tackle these important Catholic ministries, and we’re looking for more top talentto work with us. Help us grow our community in faith, hope and love, through technology productsand services rendered to disciples and Catholic institutions in the tri-state area and beyond.