Marketing Manager - Marketing
The Marketing department at DeSales pushes the envelope of what it means to engage Catholics in their faith. Part digital/creative agency, part brand marketing, and part software services provider, we cover a lot of ground. We create ads and layouts for two newspapers. We execute integrated, digital and traditional campaigns in concert with PR, production, and events. We run digital campaigns to increase donations for scholarships for education. We broadcast key events live on social to reach those unable to get out of the house. We get all the dioceses in the state together with our interactive executions to spread the message of the true reason for Christmas. We think differently about what it means to be in the service of our diocese. We don’t dwell on the past: we look to the future. And we are excited about the challenge.
Who You Are
As the Marketing Manager, you will pioneer a new marketing discipline at DeSales, demonstrating the power of marketing to support institutional customers and prospects. You are a passionate self-starter who has experience taking a marketing strategy through development to execute a successful, robust marketing plan. You have broad experience across digital and traditional marketing strategy, planning, and execution. You synchronize public relations, events, promotion, and advertising activities to lead integrated marketing campaigns. You are a manager who can work with a project manager to assign tasks, work cross-functionally, and keep multiple projects on schedule. You understand marketing metrics, analyses, trends, and how to pull insights and apply them to your strategy. You not only strategize but also roll up your sleeves any time, since we're a small team. You never stop marketing.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy that stresses the importance of a consistent, seamless, multi-dimensional experience.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to lead strategy and utilize demand generation tactics to further DeSale’s reach and increase followers’ engagement & retention.
- Work with the Creative Manager to bring brands to life through effective storytelling, creativity, and inventive design, while demonstrating the value of our content and services.
- Leverage critical thinking skills, perform, and analyze market and competitive research, translate these into actionable insights, and use them to craft content and compelling stories that will engage our audiences.
- Understand the education industry and the needs and desires of faculty, as well as the lived experience of those working for and attending Catholic church and its agencies.
- Report to the Director of Marketing & Digital Operations and leverage this high visibility to be an effective collaborator while driving significant strategy, message, and positioning.
- Create an effective, unified voice for this mission-driven organization and transition it appropriately into every aspect of the persona, from advertising to content, events, and services.
- Oversee on-site operations, logistics, storyline development, editing, approval and promotion for a variety of marketing platforms.
- Manage and grow the content team to create and curate content across diverse brands and audiences.
- Translate a vision to a brief to execution and repeat the cycle better through key learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Marketing, Communications, Business or related area preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in marketing in either a corporate or agency environment.
- Excellent storyteller and writer skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and the ability to multitask on multiple high priority projects.
- Demonstrated ability to use paid digital advertising as part of a multi-platform marketing campaign.
- Experience with organic social media marketing and cultivating micro-influences with the community.
- Ability to understand and stay connected to business performance and adjust marketing tactics accordingly.
- Command of best practices in positioning and promoting campaigns to stimulate behavior change.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a matrix environment, serving internal clients in a variety of fields/markets.
- Desire to become established as a company thought-leader.
- Experience hiring, managing and developing people.
- Agency management experience required; agency experience is a plus.
- A book of trusted go-to vendors for a variety of outsourced marketing activities.
- Strong passion for testing, data and metrics, and belief in discovering insights through data.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills - use and analyze data to inform media strategies and optimizations.
- Education industry and/or non-profit experience a plus.