DeSales Media Group is the communications and technology arm of the Diocese of Brooklyn. Launched in 2011, it is the first such entity formed by a diocese in the U.S. Our mission is to use all forms of communication, media, and technology to lead Catholics to a deeper faith in Jesus Christ, inspire and generate greater attendance, support and interaction in parishes, schools, and organizations in the Diocese of Brooklyn and other dioceses regionally, nationally, and globally.
DeSales Media is looking for a Sales Administrative Coordinator.
- Research prospective advertising clients and industries (local/small businesses, retail, auto) to create database for sales account executives who sell display and classified advertising, and TV
- Maintain spreadsheets to track ad placements for print, online and special sections in newspaper
- Manage distribution (mailing, faxing) of sales collateral to parishes, schools, and external clients
- Research and manage web ads on 3 websites, placing the ad orders on DoubleClick for Publishers. Scheduling all paid ads and house ad units.
- Collaborate with sales team and marketing/design to create sales materials (Powerpoint decks, one sheets, mailers). Design fliers when needed for sales department
- Brainstorm integrated sponsorship packages incorporating TV, print, online with sales team. Create proposals with sales team for sales calls
- Serve as liaison between sales and finance department. Troubleshoot advertising billing matters, send invoices and statements to clients on request, submit finance adjustments
- 1-2 years of work experience; sales experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with sales, marketing and finance department
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel and Photoshop
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of print display and understanding of TV and online advertising
DeSales Media Group is the communications and technology arm of the Diocese of Brooklyn, publishing news and information with a Catholic point of view. Properties include the NET TV cable network; New York's Catholic news program "Currents;" The Tablet, the only weekly Catholic newspaper in New York City; the Nuestra Voz monthly Spanish-language newspaper; and the Catholic Telemedia Network which provides instructional media resources. The company also provides digital and creative infrastructure for Catholic schools and parishes in Brooklyn and Queens.