Social Community Manager - Marketing
Who We Are
DeSales Media Group is the communications and technology arm of the Diocese of Brooklyn. With the charge of helping Catholics come to know Christ by connecting with their faith, we aim to open the channels of authentic and effective dialogue within and between the Christian community.
To do this, DeSales runs a number of media properties through which local Catholics stay informed and up to date on the things that matter most. This includes NET TV, Catholic Telemedia Network, and The Tablet and Nuestra Voz newspapers. DeSales also offers professional services. Parishes, schools, and all diocesan entities benefit from DeSales’ digital and creative services, where websites and marketing campaigns come to life.
It takes a world-class team to tackle these important Catholic ministries, and we’re looking for more top talent to work with us out of Prospect Heights, Brooklyn. Help us grow our community in faith, hope and love, through meaningful interactions with Catholics, and services rendered to Catholic institutions in the tri-state area.
The Social Community Manager position demands a hungry self-starter who is ready to carve out a new role in the marketing team. This person is first and foremost an excellent short- to mid-form copywriter. They will lead the creation of content across brands and channels. They will strategize, plan and execute all social media marketing efforts for the Diocese of Brooklyn’s affiliates, as well as DeSales brands and properties, such as shows on NET TV. While the position will report to the Director of Marketing, this role will work closely with the whole Marketing team, as well as content partners and clients throughout the diocese. Beyond social, this new hire will engage our audiences through email marketing, online and offline ad copy, website copy, and more.
- Create strategies for content-driven social and digital marketing across brands
- Schedule, write, and publish posts on social channels in our various brands’ voices, yet with consistency in look, feel, and tone
- Coordinate paid social media advertising across Facebook, Google, YouTube, and other channels.
- Write and edit copy across web, mobile, and more: emails, blogs, ads, landing pages, t-shirts, etc.
- Dream up and execute campaigns that inspire and engage the Catholic audience in Brooklyn and Queens
- Regularly report back to the team on how each of our channels is performing, and dig into who our audiences are, and what they’re engaging with
- Help establish guidelines and best practices for our writing efforts and style
- Work closely with your digital and creative teammates, and with our media brands and diocesan affiliates, to help position DeSales for continued success in the space
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, journalism, comms, public relations, or advertising
- You’ve got 1-2 years of experience in copywriting and proofreading (to perfection!), and in managing a brand’s social channels, preferably in an agency setting
- Find and edit compelling images for your social content
- You are resourceful in research and cross-referencing, and exceptional at problem-solving
- You have good interpersonal skills, to build working relationships
- You are able to manage your time very effectively
- You’re on the pulse of all the latest and greatest developments and trends in the world of social media, cool brand blogs, worthwhile emails, and marketing and ad campaigns
- You have a knack for storytelling across all sorts of mediums — and a total mastery of the English language and all its wondrously weird grammar rules
- You love to write, and you notice grammatical errors or spelling mistakes everywhere
- You have a collaborative attitude and are ready to serve in the mission of promoting our Catholic faith
- You’re familiar with building dashboards and pulling reports on key social engagement and performance metrics
- The ability to record and edit videos for social media
- You’re bilingual in English and Spanish
To apply, please send the following
- A non-generic cover letter
- An impressive resume
- A link (or links) to samples of your work
- List of software tools you have used and your proficiency in each